Where you can find help...
There are many organizations that can provide you with legal information, legal advice, and referrals to a variety of services in your community.
- Legal Services Society
- Access Pro Bono: Summary Advice Program
- Native Courtworker and Counselling Association of B.C.
- Section 684 Applications for a Court Appointed Lawyer (Practice Directive)
- For those living (or incarcerated) in the Victoria Capital Regional District, The Law Centre at the University of Victoria can assist with a s. 684 application.
- For those incarcerated in the Lower Mainland, the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program at the University of British Columbia can assist with a s. 684 application.
- Amicus Curiae (AC) Friends of Court offers help completing legal forms or preparing for your appearances for free.
- Legal Services Society (Legal Aid BC)
- Access Pro Bono
- Courthouse Libraries BC
- UBC Law Students' Legal Advice Program (LSLAP)
- Law Centre at the University of Victoria
- Community Legal Assistance Society (CLAS)
- Rise Women’s Legal Centre